Sell your art online with Rippingham Art
- There is no fee to place your art on our site
- The purpose of Rippingham Art Online Art Gallery is to give artists a platform from which they can sell their art to the public, hassle free.
- To join us you need to take photographs of your artwork and upload them onto the site.
- You can submit as many pieces of original contemporary art as you like,with up to 5 images of each piece. The first being the main image, and up to 4 further thumbnail images to show detail etc. We find that paintings which have additional side views, details and, where possible, ‘in situ’ images have a considerably increased chance of selling.
- There is also an Attributes section, allowing you to add media, surface, style etc to each piece of artwork.
Benefits of selling your art with us
It is free to sell your art with us. There is a fully automated system allowing you to manage your artwork. Once you have taken photographs of your artwork you can upload them. We will then create a gallery, including thumbnail images. If you are unable to fulfil orders, or just on holiday, your gallery can easily be marked as unavailable, and then put back on your return. To do this, go to ‘Store’ on your profile page and tick the ‘Holiday Mode’ box. When you have an order you will be alerted by email. Log in anytime to keep track of your orders. We look after the customers, answering any questions they might have.
- When you sell an artwork your payment will arrive within 28 days from date of shipment. You will receive a purchase advice note for every piece of artwork sold.
- As we are an online art gallery we utilise Google Ad and Key words, as well as advertising in various high end magazines to promote our artists in the best way possible.
- We take only a modest commission from the price you set for each artwork.
- Unlike a lot of other online galleries we promote our artists, as our site will only be successful if we sell your artwork. Our artists are chosen to ensure that our customers are only exposed to high quality works of art.
- We offer a no quibble 14 day money back guarantee, to stimulate sales, and to ensure our customers feel confident in purchasing from us.
- You must package your work securely, and despatch it within 5 days of receiving an order.
- Your work must be placed in ‘Holiday Mode’ if you are away, and therefore unable to fulfil orders, and replaced on your return.
- If you sell an artwork independently you must either remove it from the site, or mark it as sold. This can be done in the ‘My Artwork’ section of your profile. Simply mark the work as ‘Sold’ on the inventory tab .
- The price for your artwork is set by you. Our commission rate is 35% net of VAT. This commission covers running costs for the site, advertising and marketing, credit card processing, invoicing, and administration.
- You are responsible for packaging costs and delivery in the UK. Your price should therefore include these costs. £20 is usually a sufficient amount to cover the cost for most pieces. For larger or heavier pieces of art it is best to contact your preferred courier for the cost.
- The purchaser of the artwork will be asked for an additional charge for shipments outside the UK.
- All artwork sold must be accompanied by a signed Certificate of Authenticity which will be emailed to you in pdf format for you to print out and send with the artwork
Create an Artist’s Account
To get started, please click on the ‘Artist Sign Up’ at the top of this page to create a new account. This will take you to a page where you can register. Once you have registered you will be taken to your ‘Dashboard’, and here you can upload photos of your artwork, together with all the details, i.e. price, attributes (media, style, surface), and a description of the piece of work.
When you’ve created your account, and submitted images of your artwork onto the site, we will contact you to let you know if the artwork has been accepted. The process from application to acceptance usually takes less than 24 hours.
Due to our delivery requirements, we are currently only accepting artists who are based in the UK.
- Customers can pay using our debit/credit card processing system, PayPal, cheque or bank transfer. When we receive payment you will be notified of the purchase details (by email or phone). You must then package the artwork and dispatch to the customer within 5 working days. Payment will be made within 28 days from the date of shipment. This allows for 7 days delivery, 14 days money back guarantee, and 7 days return. You will be paid by bank transfer or cheque.
- The customer can return the artwork for any reason within the money back guarantee period. If an artwork is returned, the customer pays postage and insurance. You will not be eligible to recoup the delivery cost to the customer. Return rates are very small indeed.
Please see: Artists’ Terms and Conditions which are available on the Dashboard once you have registered or upon request.